Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

be.

                                                                                              you must allow whatever happens to happen
                
                                whether the course of your life allows you to blossom and thrust your potential to the world                       
                                                 or cocoon comfortably into a warm satisfaction  
                                 
                               you must let nature flow however it will  
                                    
                 trickle through your life as its path meant for it to
                                
                                             let yourself become blank                

                      will yourself to justbe.

 in order to be one with the world

           you must be one with yourself

                         to be able to let it all go

                                you must first realize what "it" means

                      to engulf yourself with knowledge of the Tao  
    
  you must define the Tao for yourself


7 comments:

  1. The way you formatted your poem is really cool! It forces the reader to accept the constant change, just like when following the Tao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of your poem and how it flows kind of like how a river is always changing its path, and I like that it's in all lowercase because it seems more relaxed and calm (which is the general feel of the Book of Tao).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you formatted your poem it makes it different and it actually compliments what you are saying. I also like the idea of using the blank page because that is what the Tao is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the abstract formatting coupled with the abstract ideas. I really like the messages as well. Also your metaphors are fire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem is amazing, it gave me shivers! I feel like the formatting added a lot to the poem, and your perspective and the way phrased everything was very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the fact that you used line
    breaks and bolded words to accentuate important words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it gave a really good description of what the Tao is and all about and how you have to find yourself to be in peace. I loved the spacing and the line stanzas; really powerful

    ReplyDelete