Work This Out
A theme in the novel I saw a lot is work. The quality of work is very valuable to Shukhov, and he strongly believes that what he earns should be based on how he worked to gain it. As of now, we are teenagers, which means that we are getting older and more independent. Work is becoming to be a more important aspect of our daily lives, and I can definitely apply the quality of work in my own life. My mom has always told me, “La persona floja trabaja doble,” which translates to “The lazy person works twice.” Although us teenagers can get away with a lot, what we gain doesn’t always adds up to how we worked for it. Reading this novel has made me realize what Shukhov thinks about the value of work, and how he can use it to his advantage. At times, he works a little extra to obtain what he desires, and this connects to going the extra mile and having initiative. Work helps you get to where you want to go. I’m glad I read this novel, to remind me of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment