My Nicknames
Alright, what’s my name?
“JAM JAM!”
“JAMMIE!”
“JAM JAM JIMMY JAM JAM!!”
Why?
Does it sound like I “jam out” often? (I don’t)
Does my name sound delicious?
Like the taste of strawberries and heaven mixed between a single piece of toast?
I don’t think so...
“Juanmie!”
It comes and it goes,
It multiplies into other more “exotic” names.
“JC Penney?”
“PAJAMMIE?”
“Randy?”(Where did you get Randy?)
It’s tolerable. (sometimes)
It’s dumb.
Why?
Why am I a verb, a topping, a store, and a piece of clothing?
Who knows...
Maybe “Jam Jam” is just fine.
I am _________
Who am I?
I don’t know who I am.
I am a cup of water at the triple point
I am many things at once.
Freezing, boiling, and vaporizing.
Like Play-doh,
I can change shapes and forms.
Like a turtle,
I hide in my shell
Like an amnesiac,
I forgot who I am.
Does anyone know who I am?
Who am I?
Am I nice?
“Sure....”, they said
Am I rude?
“Sometimes...”, they said
Who am I?
I don’t think I will ever know.
But I do know that I am not a _________.
I thought your first poem was very funny with all of your different nicknames and your reaction to them. I also liked your chemistry reference in your second poem, and I thought it was very clever.
ReplyDeleteJAM JAM, your first poem is da JAMMY bomb. It was crazy how you could take all of your names and put them into one beautiful poem of tasty toast.
ReplyDelete