Erwin Casildo
Period 2
Ms.Tompkins
Together We Can
Her name was Reyna. She was always there for me and today it is my turn to be here for her, at least for the last remaining moments the genius man from above has given her. My father Fabian is weak, he is losing the beautiful woman that made him the man he is now.
“Don’t leave your family, hold on tight and fight abuelita” my fathered suplicated holding her beautiful wrinkly hands.
There was no response. He was speechless and he just held her for the moments that remained. His eyes were watery. When his tears slowly rolled down his cheeks I could feel them rolling down my cheeks, almost as if his tears were mine. They were filled with a contagious burning venom, every tear that dripped the more the pain inside my chest kept increasing.
She was the person I looked up to when times were rough, she was the person I was always excited and happy to see every day after school. My grandmother would always welcome me with a very warm hug full of happiness and love. Her smile and her laugh made this place brighter. I wish I could trade places with her but I cannot, unfortunately some things in life are controlled by pure destiny. There is nothing anyone can do when God decides it is time for someone to leave this mysterious yet wonderful place called Earth.
My father's mind was full of fear, his eyes full of weakness and his heart full of all the beautiful memorable memories they lived through. My abuelita was not only his mother she also played the role of a father after my grandfather lost his life in a car accident when my father was only three months old. She gave everything she had to my father and his siblings.
As the time kept passing I could feel her trying to tell us that it was time for her to leave beyond this world to another dimension. My mother and my sister walked inside the hospital’s dark room where they found me and my father sitting next to where my grandmother laid. They both hugged my father and tried to comfort him. Everyone in the room was silent no one was moving. Powerless we all sat around our fallen queen, I could hear all of our hearts beating as if it were one. It brought me comfort and it made me stronger knowing that my family was together. Together we would get through this tough moment, the only things left to do was to stay there for the last moments that remained.
I sat next to my mother and a million memories ran through my head at that moment. I thought to myself “Why is it that God takes all of the wonderful people with him first? She is and always will be my hero “ Moments passed and no one said a word until my uncle Hector came in. He stood in front of the door looking dejected.
“She can’t leave us, not now “ he cried.
My father stood up slowly looking at my uncle straight in the eyes, he gave him a hug and whispered something in his ear.
I knew that every minute that passed, the time was coming. She was slowly breathing but her eyes were closed. I was completely terrified she would leave forever without saying goodbye. I needed to see her bright smile one last time, I needed one last hug.
The five of us prayed quietly to God, that was the only thing we could do. One hour passed and finally she woke up. She was very weak and it was hard for her to speak, when she looked at all of us, she smiled. My father and uncle spoke to her first to her first, my mother when second, I went third and my sister went last. We stared at each other for a couple of seconds.
“I love you and I will be with you forever” she said looking at me straight in the eyes
“I love you to abuelita, don’t say that you’ll be fine we can get through this.” I hugged her softly.
“I am old” she said smiling.
I did not want to let go of her but I had to let her rest. I got up gently and I let my sister speak to her. As I turned my back against her, tears started to come out again.
After two hours of being with her, God took our queen away, my abuelita left this world forever but we knew she was in a better place now. What hurt my family and I the most was not being able to do anything for her. We could not fight with her, we had absolutely no power in our hands. My family and I had to stick together. She lived for seventy-six years, those years were full hard work for her family. She always put others before herself, she was a complete hero. When you have no power to change an issue accepting that you can’t can be difficult but with the people that support you, it is easier. Together you can move forward.
I love your last sentence because it emphasizes that anyone can progress and "move forward" from the hardest of times with the help of your family and those around you.
ReplyDelete