Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Constellations

Constellations


most
don’t like you,
Night Sky. they fear
to be engulfed in your vast beauty. how obscure you are! while others
love to dance under the big hot sun, i love to lay under you
countless twinkling stars, each one a bright sun of its
own, somewhere far away. i love to connect the
scattered stars, and with just a few lines,
i can make your chaotic collection of humble mere stars
turn into my kismet, whatever it may be. i am not aware of the
insomnia any longer. my eyes, already encircled in purple, only see you,
your moon, so damaged, yet so bold. i see where men have stepped on it,
each individual crater a story that i        want to be a part of. i know it needs
the sun to be able to be                             seen, but you do not need

     it to be                                                               beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you formatted it into a star! I also really like the line "I see where men have stepped on it, each individual crater a story that I want to be a part of". Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star format is really cool! I like how you compare the night to the day in some lines, especially the line, "I know it needs the sun to be able to be seen, but you do not need it to be beautiful."

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way that you formatted your poem into a star shape was interesting and creative. Obscurity of various topics through the poem seems appropriate.

    ReplyDelete