Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Black // White

Black // White

Don't touch me i’m hurting
Don’t touch me i’m delicate
Don’t talk to me i’m in mourning
I’m black i’m dark i can’t see a way out of this
Just touch me i’m hurting
Please touch me i’m delicate
Talk to me i’m in mourning
I’m white i’m blank i’m a blank page please write on me just do something
Why are you talking to me
I’m so sad
Why aren’t you talking to me
I’m so sad
I’m so sad
I'm black
Can you just know what i’m trying to say
Even when i’m not saying it
Can my tears just trace the lines on your palms
And spell out what i need you to do
Can you hug me so intoxicatingly firm
That you would squeeze all the bad away
I’m white
We could look at it floating in the air afterwards
You could take me in your arms and we would laugh about it all
And sigh
It would be floating there but not conquering anything at all
Not demonizing any other
It would be away
Away from me and therefore from you
I'm black
Why don’t you know what to do
I don’t know what you need to do
I just need your love
I don’t always need your love
I don’t know how to let you help me
I don’t know if i want you to help me
I don’t know
I don’t know
I'm white
I don’t know and I need you to tell me
But I know you don't know either
I know I love you
And I know you love me
No matter if I'm black or white in that moment
So really...

That's kind of all I need

3 comments:

  1. 1. I love the format of this poem, it's very unique. The abstractness of the poem is interesting.
    2. The repetition in this poem is very effective in conveying a message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this poem is portraying two opposing emotions that people feel at the same time, wanting to be alone but also wanting comfort from others. Additionally, the repetition within the poem really helps emphasize the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your title really depicts the message your trying to portray in the poem. I also like the change in verse mid poem, where you say don't touch me and then you say please hug me. It really shows the differences between the two sides and what your outlook on life shows.

    ReplyDelete