Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Intractable

Intractable

You see me slowly walk up to the stage,
and nervously pick up the microphone
You see me pick up the pen,
hoping to shape my ideas like malleable metal
You think I am not willing to express myself,
yet little do you know who I really am

I am the restless prisoner
The nightmare of the kid that sleeps
The terror of the night
The mischievous thief

I am intractable

You want to put shackles around my hands and my feet,
You wish you could censor my thoughts and muffle my voice

You forget I am the ruler of Mount Olympus

My thoughts are the light that illuminates the globe,
and the strength that holds the sky together
My words are the warmth that comforts those who breathe,
and the storm that is unleashed on those who oppose me

My name says it all:
I am the helper and the protector of men

2 comments:

  1. I really like how your poem has two halves- the first half is about how other people perceive you, and has a negative connotation, but the second half shows your inner strength and how much you value yourself. I think that's a really neat idea to explore. Stylistically, the way you tied it in to Mount Olympus and made it slightly mythological is a really unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the contrast you use for your poem. The choice from first talking about someone who is shy and doesn't like to express himself to someone who is actually very strong willed and determined. The metaphor for Mount Olympus was also really nice at reinforcing this idea that he is the strongest person he knows. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete