Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

All That You Need

All That You Need
by Uma Khatri

When we look inside ourselves, we see the answers
When we look at others, we see questions and confusion
The truth swirls within our own being
However, we are too much like the bird
Focused on the skies around us, instead of the stable ground below.

How can he look for solutions for his own life
When he is basking in the responses someone else is receiving?
If you are centered within yourself
You have the potential of a flame
To burn all of your problems to ash.

If you want to resolve hardship
Look not outside, but inside
Have the power to go at the pace in which you prosper
Pay no attention to those who try to hinder your progress
As those who compete for the sake of others,
Often lose.

This is all that you need.



4 comments:

  1. I like the meaning behind your poem. It's really inspirational. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the similes they really portrayed the idea of you poem. I also really liked the last line of the second to last stanza: I think it greatly summarizes what you are trying to tell and provides insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like how you told the potential of all people if they choose to follow and work to gain their capabilities. Also I thought your message of looking into yourself for change before gazing into the outside world, is very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, really strong and powerful. Loved your wording and the message. It was really moving and I understood what you wantted to get across. Good Job

    ReplyDelete