Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Do Not Follow the Blind

Willows sway in the shifting breeze
the oak remains steadfast above its roots.
The river winds along the arching  mountains
and among the undisturbed valleys.

Release your tethers.
Soar above the clouds
mist never to blind the unseen.

The small rudder leads the large ship
never shadowed behind its mass.
Mighty horses steered by the bit
minuscule changes creating

means of direction and change  



6 comments:

  1. The metaphors in this poem give great imagery and help me understand your message well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your use of the large ship and the horses because it shows how it can be used for direction and change.
    -Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the message of the poem and the constant theme of little things that make a large difference. i also liked the reference to ying and yang in the first stanza. I must say I am very confused by the line about the mist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great poem! I interpreted the first stanza as a comparison to yin and yang. For instance the willow swaying represents the yang while the roots represent the steady yin. Then it says the mist can never blind the unseen and you include a picture of a tree with visible roots which corresponds perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the word choice really keeps the reader engaged and the metaphors really tell the story of your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your metaphors are really strong and keep a sort of rhythmic pattern to it.

    ReplyDelete