Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Let It Be

Let it Be
(topics: Let Nature Take Its Own Course, Have No Connections To The Material World, Don’t Be Selfish)


Pale pastel peach petals
Surrounding a soft sunflower-yellow center
A silky green stem stretches to greet the ground
And pierces through the earth
Strong roots spread around underground
One with nature.


Calm and peaceful it faces up to the sky
Smiling at the sun
Content and unconcerned
Going with the flow.


It sways in the wind
Dancing to the song of the Tao
The deep but silent sound
Echoing through the meadow.


Fingers strain towards it
Selfish and foolish
In awe of its beauty
Trapped in the pleasures of the material world
The hand clasps the flower
And tears it from the earth.


Placed in a crystal vase
Its beauty begins to fade
As the pastel peach petals become gray
And the stem of silk starts to wrinkle and fray
Until the fragile flower fades
Into a mere memory.



4 comments:

  1. This was a super cute poem! It's different from most of the poems I've seen. I really like how you teach a lesson by way of example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the little examples you gave entertained me throughout the entire poem, and I understood the meaning of it clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so tragic but really nice at the same time!! i reread it twice, it's so good. i like the fact that it shows how us humans are really cruel, and we all should be aware of that

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that the imagery was super cool in this poem! It was pretty unique to show all the different lessons with the same continuous example. I also love the picture.

    ReplyDelete