Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

To be at Peace

To be at Peace

I am okay, she repeatedly said.  
Really, I’m fine.


That struggle, that fight, it’s over.
I didn't win, how could I have?
But throughout it all, I discovered a better victory
Peace. Inner peace.


My attempt in pleasing others, is over.
I can't devote my life to the impossible.
But that's okay, I don't want to conquer the impossible.


I am okay, she repeatedly said.
I've conquered something even more exceptional,
something that was lost for a long time.
Something that you cannot force upon yourself.
Peace. Inner peace.


No more hostility, no more isolation.
I am content, being myself.
Finding myself, loving myself.

5 comments:

  1. Woah; this poem is so different from all the other ones that I've read. The way it tells that story, about a girl who is actually realizing the ways of the Tao and how they are the way to live, really made me connect to the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem was really unique. I love the repetition you used and the inner dialogue of the girl. Great job! I really connected to the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this can relate to everybody, which makes it such a great poem, because everybody can understand. It is a very hopeful poem because it has the message that even if you lose something, you can gain something else, like inner peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. Not only is this provocative, thoughtful, and well written, it tells a story, rather then just preach random facts about life. It takes the core ideas of the Tao, and wraps it up into an inspiring narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your poem. The way you told a story was really unique and really engaging. Your word choice and sentence structure was well thought out, and you were able to convey a strong message to the audience. Great job.

    ReplyDelete