Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Be Happy Ezer Zuniga, poetry



Be Happy

What is true happiness, you may wonder
How do you get it
People tell me there is a specific way to get it

Cry less, smile more
Complain less, appreciate more
Think less, do more
Suffer less, indulge more
and so on
As if happiness had a formula, like water

I am now telling you that I am happy
because I don't care about being happy
I cry and I smile
I complain and I appreciate
I think and I do
I suffer and I indulge

A man who doesn't cry retains bad emotions
that spread throughout his heart like arsenic poison
A man who doesn't complain is a hypocrite
A man who doesn't think is ignorant
A man who doesn't suffer
becomes weak,
like the tree that has never had to endure storms and strong winds

I am happy because I do whatever I want to do





2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your poem is amazing. It took my breath away, the way you describe both peoples struggles and successes. Your poem is so easy to connect with. I especially love how you make it so clear that people who do not struggle, people who do not have problems in life, cannot be human. Really, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is really great! The poem is really easy to connect with and to relate to. I loved how you brought a human feeling to the poem. Your word choice, sentence structure, and how you wrote the poem all worked really well together to make the poem flow with a really deep meaning.

    ReplyDelete