Following the River
Just as a river glides down the mountain
guiding all in its path
pursuing its balance and harmony,
You chase down the tranquil river
failing to outrun it
and failing to discover your balance and harmony.
Yet it is always running
and you are always chasing,
always failing.
Through whispers in its ripples
wisdom can be shared,
Success only comes to those who have patience
only to those who let the river run alone
following instead of chasing.

I really like the sensory details and imagery you use!
ReplyDeleteWow great metaphor! I really like the imagery and the message that you're saying!
ReplyDeleteThat was a really cool way of saying that. This is a really good poem. You made the message more obvious towards the end, but it was a really good way to end the poem.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a creative and special idea - following the river instead of chasing it. I could not have thought of that! That takes some very great thinking, and it is something that will stay in my head for a while! Awesome.
ReplyDeleteI love the metaphor and the meaning, it's definitely original. You're imagery and descriptions are also really good and I love the word choice!
ReplyDelete