Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Down and Up

Down and Up
By Booker Martin

Why is there gravity?
You might demand as you fall,
The stars above like dreams
Becoming unreachable when you wake

Gravity is the lock to a mysterious box
We are determined to solve

A force with expectations so high
We must scale cliffs to reach them

Yet we do
We are driven by the forbidden

Gravity is like all challenges
Its attempts to bring our spirits down
Only lift our motives up

stock-illustration-28323226-climbers.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I like the scientific aspect of your poem about gravity. It can make me connect science with abstract concepts which in some cases can make these concepts easier to visualize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the rhyme between the words "driven" and "forbidden!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how you related things/objects to and how it relates to human understanding. Overall I think your poem is powerful due to these factors and others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the poem because it includes something that is not completely centered in human life, but something that is controlled by outside forces, but you say that our reactions to these outside forces can be controlled.

    ReplyDelete