Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Flow with the Wind

Flow with the Wind
By Sean Adibi


When the wind seizes you by the feet
And spins you around in an endless orbit,
Do not fuss over the initial disorientation you will experience,
But rather how this will give you one more adventure to look back on.


As you walk along a rugged trail
And a jagged stone lies in your path,
Impeding you from continuing,
Do not mourn over the fact that the destination will not be reached
But that you can take a different path that will garner success.


And when you see a downpour of rain interfering with your afternoon plans,
Realize that each voluminous droplet brings life to all it touches,
And soothes your skin.


Every change in life should not be looked upon as a problem,
But rather an adjustment that will benefit you differently.
Don’t be frustrated about something beyond your control.
But thrive from it
And flow with the wind.



5 comments:

  1. I like how you used diverse vocabulary and the idea you are conveying seems like something that could really be found in the Tao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you use the "rain" as something evil, but then you use it as something positive

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the wording of your poem, it really made me think more about your topic. The way you used nature to make your point made your poem flow, and it is in a style that follows the Tao.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it because I like how you used nature to make your point, also I like the picture

    ReplyDelete