Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

As The Earth Spins


The Earth
Round and round it shifts, spins.
Everything morphing as the time flows by.
As the Earth spins,
seeds become roots,
roots become saplings,
saplings become redwoods,
and redwoods grow to lofty heights, touching the sky.


Yet as nature evolves, the man must stay constant
He must let nature run its race,
Never coming in between the arduous cycle.
As the Earth spins,
He accepts this change
and lets the redwoods continue to grow
as he waits for nature
to conjure up his path

and begin a new, everlasting cycle.


3 comments:

  1. I like the pace and the rhythm of this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you depict the nature's cycle as spinning, its a really cool way to illustrate that! Your image is a perfect fit too, I feel like I am watching the world spin around me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your poem conveys such a strong meaning and how you are able to incorporate the idea of a spinning cycle in nature. And then you have the example of man evolving, perfectly adding detailed examples to your poem. Well done!

    ReplyDelete