Lead without authority.
By leading others with force,
They will be too hurt to follow,
You lose their respect that you once had.
Your hopes perish.
By leading others with freedom,
They will stay strong and loyal,
You are honored.
You stay strong.
Controlling your life,
Is not making your dreams come true.
Is not solving all your problems.
Is not making your world perfect.
To truly control your life,
You must not give up,
Not to achieve success,
But to stay resilient and secure.
You must clash your dilemmas,
Not to solve them,
But to make sure they do not come back.
You must work hard,
Not to be the greatest,
But to be as best as you can.
Listen to your inner voice
Be yourself,
And let life happen.
I really liked your first stanza, it totally embodies the overall idea of the Tao. I also love the way you made the last line a different color than the rest, it puts very effective emphasis on your ending point.
ReplyDeleteI like your first line because it shows what the poem is about, and gives a little background about what I'm about to read. I also like the message of your poem and the words that you use to convey the importance of letting life happen and not trying to control it too much.
ReplyDeleteThe layout is really interesting and engaging - it really draws you in with the first line being separated from the other stanzas. It's is very creative and conveys a deep message! Plus - great use of vocabulary!
ReplyDeleteI really liked the part about how controlling your life is really just not giving up, I think its really powerful. I also liked the second to last stanza: the idea of being the best that you can be instead of better than others connects to the idea of the Tao.
ReplyDelete