I walk the path of a young warrior,
each new duty coming at me like an avalanche, ready to break any object that stands in its way.
I stand tall. I face my worries.
I will not let the avalanche oppress me.
Knowing that there is no other option, I take a deep breath.
I accept the challenge.
I cannot change what the avalanche prevails.
I accept it. Embrace it.
I become the avalanche. I become stronger than the avalanche. The task is completed and I have become a stronger, more disciplined warrior. Big or small the avalanche will not overcome me.
I stand tall. I face my worries.
I am a young warrior and I accept what I cannot change.
I really like the emotion in the poem, the message you're trying to convey is really clear without you actually saying it- showing not telling. I really like the section that begins "I become the avalanche."
ReplyDeletelove the message, it gives a sense of strength. The repetition of the word avalanche, that started out as a threat and an obstacle, later turning into what you were was very symbolicreally liked it.
ReplyDeleteThe poem really can show how personal struggles in a person's life. It's great how realistic and applicable it can be to real life.
ReplyDeleteThis embodies the ideas behind the Tao extremely well. The idea of "bending like a willow, rather then breaking like the oak" seems to be spread throughout this poem. Great job.
ReplyDelete